Desiring quality child care is a given and abounds in most communities. An important first step is determining what type of professional child care is right for your family. Professional child care options can include in-home child care, nannies, au pairs, childminders and even babysitters. Here are some benefits to professional au pair care.
- Your baby or child receives individual attention.
- Au pair care is ideal for a child with a disability or special needs. One-on-one attention stimulates growth and development and helps these children enormously in reaching their developmental milestones.
- A customised, individual stimulation programme can be followed, suitable and appropriate for your child, his age and his abilities.
- The baby/child is in the familiar surroundings of the family home.
- Au pair care has the flexibility of working extended hours.
- The advantage of having the same care giver for your baby/child.
- The convenience of having someone always at home and available.
- The au pair can assist the family with additional jobs e.g light housework, shopping, school lifts etc.
- Your child can have friends over to play with, in the comfort and safety of your own home.
- Your child can have special outings with the au pair.
- Limited exposure to germs and infections.
- An au pair can offer care even during school holidays.
- Many families take on summer au pairs to help out during the long school holidays.
- Au pairs can care for children from all ages.
- Au pairs are economical and, for many mothers with older children, a very convenient way of lightening the load.
- Exposure to other cultures.
- Some families take au pairs from other countries in a bid to make their children